- All of Kalamazoo Ophthalmology ophthalmologists are members of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. This site allows you to read discussions of the health, safety and diseases of the eye by physician members of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Read more.
- The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery offers patient information on refractive eye surgery or cataract surgery. Read more.
- The objectives of American Optometric Association are centered on improving the quality and availability of eye and vision care. Read more.
Caring for the health of your eyes
- To learn more about caring for the health of your eyes and to take a free vision test from the comfort of your own home go to Prevent Blindness America. Read more.
- Need to know more about Glaucoma? The Glaucoma Service and Foundation at Wills Eye Hospital provides resources and information about medications, support groups and awareness. Patients and physicians will find valuable resources regarding glaucoma. The William A. and Anna V. Goldberg Glaucoma Service and Research Center at Wills is the largest in the country. Read more.
- To learn more about macular degeneration and to print out your own Amsler Grid go the American Macular Degeneration Foundation’s website. Read more.
Laser Vision Correction
- Want to learn more about the lasers used in laser vision correction and the latest innovation in laser surgery correction? Visit the AMO-VISX website. Read more.
- How can you help prevent blindness in others? The Eye Bank Association of America would love to provide you with information. Read more.
- Lighthouse International is a leading worldwide resource which helps people overcome vision impairment through rehabilitation, education, research and advocacy. Read more.