At Kalamazoo Ophthalmology, our commitment to give our patients a safe, reliable place to receive care has always been a priority. We are making several changes in our office to keep our patients, staff and the community as a whole safe during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s how we’re keeping our patients and staff safe during the COVID-19 recovery.
- Appointments are being scheduled in a manner to support social distancing.
- Changes have been made to ensure social distancing in waiting rooms, common areas and check-in areas.
- We ask that patients not report to the office more than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time. Except in certain circumstances, only the patient will be allowed in the building.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 when scheduling an appointment.
- All patients, staff and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 and have their temperature taken upon entering the building.
- Masks are required at all times when inside our building. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. We also encourage patients to bring their own pen to the office to sign documents.
- We have streamlined our exam process and will be doing our best to keep patients in one room throughout the entire exam.
- Exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between every patient.
- One of our technicians will attempt to contact each patient 1-3 days prior to the scheduled appointment in order to obtain a medical history and limit patient time in the office.
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you are feeling sick or have had any of the following symptoms in the past 14 days:
- fever greater than 100 degrees
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- close contact with anyone with known COVID-19 or who is being monitored for COVID-19
- travel via plane, train, bus or ship
Protective protocols will continue to evolve as the world learns more about this virus and how to keep everyone safe. Be assured that we will stay up-to-date with all new developments and will implement all recommended protocols designed to keep you and our staff safe while in our office. We look forward to seeing you and want you to know that we are committed to your safety.